Saturday, July 24, 2010

The mormons do it again!

So I was hanging out with the mormons at Dove's place, and there was a non-member there asking about the hierarchy of the church. All of a sudden all the mormons (eight in total) get really excited and all start talking at once and finishing eachother's sentences. They start explaining about their beliefs and about the prophet and overloading this poor guy with information. Then it got really weird when they started talking about the 13 commandments. They started reciting them. All 8 mormons, reciting these commandments, and not insync either. I decided at that point that I needed to leave, because I am not a practicing mormon, and the way they got so excited over these questions about their church brought up the negative feelings I have for the church and the church members.

I really wish that the mormons could take a step back and NOT jump all over people who ask a simple question about their religion. It scares people away.

No comments:

Post a Comment