Friday, July 23, 2010

ANGER MANAGMENT

So I got mad at mi hermano today
The doorbell rings

LEVEL OF ANGER: 0

My uncle came to visit
He brought me and mi hermano birthday cards
I called down to mi hermano to come say "hello" to my uncle
He did not respond

LEVEL OF ANGER: 1

I called again for mi hermano to come upstairs
Still no response
I go downstairs to see what is up, and I call his name
NOW he responds

LEVEL OF ANGER: 2

I walk over to him and ask why he did not respond earlier
He says that "now is not a good time"
I ask him why
It is because he can not beat his dumb video game

LEVEL OF ANGER: 3

I tell him that our uncle is here and he should visit
He says he does not want to

LEVEL OF ANGER: 4

I tell him that he should take a break from his video game and cool down
He says okay
I tell him to come visit with his uncle (My uncle lives in Florida and does not come up often)
He says no

LEVEL OF ANGER: 5

I blow up at mi hermano
Calling him a brat
Knowing that if he knew that our uncle was here to give him money
That he would gladly come upstairs

He was using that tone of voice
The type you would talk to something worthless to
He was using that tone of voice
On me

And he was mad over a game!
We always talk about if he gets mad
Especially at a game
To take a break

But does he listen?
NO

I thought our relationship as siblings had changed
I had helped him through some personal stuff
But then this

Maybe I am the one that needs to change?
I scared my dog
By screaming
Maybe I need some anger management

LEVEL OF ANGER: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment