Friday, April 22, 2011

Garnier Fructis Biodegradable Shampoo




I stopped washing my hair in March...I think. Because I wanted to be more "green" and I read a post on Stumbleupon that was talking about this girl who stopped washing her hair and it was healthier and looked better because of it. Also it was better for the enviornment to not send all these chemicals in shampoos and conditioners into our waterways through the drains of our showers.

So I was doing that for a while. My hair felt healthier at first, had more volume, but it had more dandruff and a musky-esk sort of smell. I was starting to wavier into switching back to my old shampoo because I wanted my hair to smell better but I resisted.


As I continued washing my hair with soley water, it got harder and harder to manage, with it being less curly and more dried out and easily frizzable. Then I was on Facebook and I saw an advertisement for thie new shampoo that was 94% biodegradable. It is not 100% but it is a lot for a shampoo to do so I wanted to support that going green endevor and bought a bottle with friz controllers and styling gel (98% biodegradables) and used it last night and today.


It looks simply lovely :) my hair has more volume, is curlier, smells better and looks HEALTHY. And I am helping fund a cause to go more green! I am really excited about this new shampoo and I am going to try to get the conditioner to make it even better :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm wondering what you think about this shampoo now? I've used it twice. My hair felt fine after the first use but after the second, the roots are oily and the ends are dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try using 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 1 cup of water as shampoo! My hair feels clean and healthy and it"s better for the water supply! I also use 1tbsp apple cider vinegar with a cup of water as conditioner; but I'm not sure how I feel about that yet because I think my hair is still adjusting.

    ReplyDelete