Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Four Walls

I feel like I am stuck in a small room
Four walls and a roof over my head
All made from concrete
It is dangerous outside of this small room
It is thundering and raining
And things are bumping up against my walls
And the walls are not sturdy
The walls are not supported by anything
They are simply standing in an uproght position
Like all good walls should
Except for the walls arent keeping balance anymore
They are slowly caving in on my in my small room
I have to keep the walls up or the concrete ceiling will collapse on me

Right now, I am trying to prevent the walls from caving in on me
But as I get more discouraged, the storm outside gets more intense
And the walls keep pushing up against me
And I am trying my best to keep the ceiling above my head
But I am trapped and just trying to reach a comfortable medium
Being able to sit in the room until the storm blows over
But it is never that easy
I must keep the walls up and the ceiling too


So are the walls my foundation?
My beliefs and my structure?
And the ceiling what keeps me protected but still trapped?
Why am I so afraid of the storm outside?
It is only rain and thunder afterall, and it can't be any worse
Than being trapped within a small concrete box

But now it is too late!
How do I escape from a concrete box?
Without the ceiling collapsing on me
And crushing me?
It's like I dug my own grave
Or am playing hide and seek in a sinking ship

No comments:

Post a Comment